Android phones are great devices for those who like to have a lot of customization options and control the operating system of their device. Your Android device comes with pre-installed and automatically activated features that ensure the security and functionality of your smartphone.
There are also hidden features and Android hacks that you can activate by entering the so-called USSD (Unstructured Additional Service Data) codes.
Here is a list of Android secret codes that allow you to unlock hidden actions on your smartphone.
USSD codes are hidden codes that allow you to access certain features of your mobile phone without the need to examine your settings. These function codes look like a combination of numbers and symbols and usually start with an asterisk (*) or hashtag (#).
Android secret codes are programmed into your SIM card or mobile phone number and allow your smartphone to communicate with your mobile phone operator. You can use these codes to get things done on your smartphone faster and thus become a more efficient user.
In this list, you’ll find the most common secret codes that work on most Android phones, and some of them even work on iPhones. However, depending on the manufacturer of your mobile phone, the Android version of your phone, your region, and phone applications, some codes may not work. This may be the case if you are using a dual SIM mobile phone. There are also codes that are specific to different carriers and different phone models, so they will only work for them.
The only way to find out if a certain code works for you is to try using it on your Android phone.
The USSD codes can actually simplify your daily use of a smartphone. You no longer have to scroll through your settings to find a particular feature. Instead, you need to follow these quick steps.
- Unlock your smartphone (phone app). It is usually found on your home screen.
- Enter the USSD code you want to use.
- Some codes will start loading automatically, for others you will have to select the Call button.
Below is a list of the USSD codes for Android that you should try. We have divided all the secret codes into categories according to their functions.
These USSD codes are the most important of all. Use these security codes if your phone is not working properly and if you suspect that a third party is affecting your phone. Using them will either calm your mind or make you act faster if you find out hackers abuse your device.
- * # 06 #: Important USSD code, especially when you are buying a new or pre-owned Android device. You can use it to see the IMEI number of your smartphone and check if it is the same as the one listed on the box or on the back of the phone.
- * # 0 * #: Enables general test mode. You can use this code to test a number of different features of your smartphone. Things you can choose from the test menu include front cam testing, LED testing, subkey, touch test, running barcode emulation test, checking your device, RGB testing, and grip sensor tests.
- * # * # 232338 # * # *: Displays a Wi-Fi MAC address. The Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique address of your device that can be used to identify it while connected to a network. If you suspect a data breach, use this code to view the MAC address and see if it matches your network.
- * # * # 4986 * 2650468 # * # *: USSD code that shows information about your phone firmware, which includes PDA (Personal Digital Assistant), RF (Radio Frequency), call date, hardware, your smartphone model, and the date of manufacture (or RFCallDate). You can find out if any of this information has been changed, which could be the cause of your system malfunction.
- * # 3282 * 727336 * #: Use this code to view your storage and system information. When you use this code, you will see the consumption data details on your screen. If you notice any unusual details, this could be proof that someone is using your phone remotely.
- * # * # 34971539 # * # *: A code that allows you to view information about your camera. This includes the number of cameras on your phone, firmware release information, camera modules, and more. You can also use this code to see if someone has abused your camera firmware.
- * # * # 1472365 # * # *: This USSD code triggers a quick GPS test. Checking if your Android GPS is working properly can help you in some situations, such as when you lose your phone or when someone steals it. If your GPS is turned on, you can use this data to locate your device.
- * # * # 4636 # * # *: Useful code to see your battery, WLAN status and Wifi information. In addition to battery and WLAN tests, you can use this code to find out who accessed your apps thanks to the usage statistics shown.
The following USSD codes represent actions that you can quickly perform on your phone. These can also be used as security codes because you can use them to quickly turn off your phone or erase any sensitive information before it gets into the wrong hands.
- * # * # 7594 # * # *: USSD code to manage the power button behavior of your smartphone. Usually, to turn off your phone, you have to hold the power button, then select from the menu to turn off your phone. You can use this code to change this sequence. For example, you can set your phone to turn off quickly without using the menu.
- * # * # 7780 # * # *: Use this code to reset your phone. Factory formatting removes all personal data, all application data (such as deleting your Google Account settings stored on your phone) and apps from your device but does not restore the firmware. This is a good choice for when you want to sell your phone without extra hassle.
- * 2767 * 3855 #: The code to hard to restore your android device. Use this code only after you have backed up all your data or in the event of an absolute crisis, as it will wipe your phone and wipe all your data. This code will also remove and reinstall the firmware.
- * # * # 273282 * 255 * 663282 * # * # *: You can try using this code to quickly back up your media files before performing a factory or hard restore.
- * # * # 197328640 # * # *: Using this code, you can turn on the Engineer / Service Mode (or Service Menu) which allows you to perform different tests and change the settings of your Android device.
Do you experience delays and unusual delays when using your smartphone? Or maybe you just want to make sure every part of your device is working properly? Try using these hidden codes to test various systems on your smartphone.
- * # * # 2664 # * # *: USSD code for performing touch screen tests.
- * # * # 0 * # * # *: Use this code for an LCD test.
- * # * # 526 # * # *: Perform a wireless LAN test.
- * # * # 232331 # * # *: Code for Bluetooth test.
- * # * # 7262626 # * # *: This code activates a field test.
- * # * # 0842 # * # *: Using this code you can perform a vibration test and a light test.
- * # * # 0283 # * # *: Code to run packet loopback test.
- * # * # 0588 # * # *: Use this code for a proximity sensor test.
- * # * # 0673 # * # * or * # * # 0289 # * # *: Both of these codes work for audio and melody tests.
- # 0782 * #: USSD code that enables real-time clock testing.
The following USSD codes help you quickly access a variety of information about your cell phone and network. Using these codes, you can look at the functions of the programs and parts of your phone and make sure everything is running smoothly.
- # * # 426 # * #: USSD code that allows you to diagnose Google Play. Displays information from Google Play Services.
- * # 0228 #: This code shows your battery status.
- * # * # 2663 # * # *: Displays a touch screen version of your Android device.
- * # * # 44336 # * # *: Use this code to view your phone’s build time and change list.
- * # * # 3264 # * # *: The code shows your RAM version.
- * # * # 1111 # * # *: Use this code to verify your FTA software version information.
- * # * # 2222 # * # *: This code shows your FTA device version.
- * # * # 232337 # * #: Displays a Bluetooth address.
- * 3001 # 12345 # *: Use this code to access Field Mode, where you can learn information about local area networks and cell towers.
- * # * # 225 # * # *: Find out what Calendar data is stored on your device.
The following codes allow you to access your phone’s call management features and set up such features as call forwarding and call waiting. There are also specific codes that you can enter to have your billing information displayed or sent to you as an SMS.
- * # 67 #: Secret code to control call forwarding on your phone. This will tell you whether your calls are forwarded when your line is busy and to which number they are forwarded.
- * # 61 #: This code shows you how long it takes for your phone calls to be forwarded to the message center.
- # 31 #: Code that disables your caller ID.
- * 31 #: This code reinstates your caller ID.
- * 43 #: Use this code to activate a call.
- # 43 #: Code to deactivate a call.
- * 5005 * 7672 #: USSD code to learn your SMS message center number.
- * 3282 #: Use this code to receive an SMS message with your billing information.
This list contains the best Android codes that work on most devices. However, depending on your phone model and the carrier you are using, you may find that specific codes or actions are not available on your phone. You can try searching the internet for the codes specific to your phone model and testing them. After all, the beauty of owning an Android phone is in the many ways you can use to modify it, even without rooting it.